Welcome to the online Cooking Reboot course.
So many of us would like to be organized in the kitchen and cook more often at home. Prepare meals that truly nourish our families and scrap all the take-out, processed, pre-made foods that are typically fatty, sugary and salty.
But let's face it...with juggling work, family, social events and everyday chores, there's little time to get organized to cook. Plus take-out is just a phone call away.
But what if you could cook more meals at home?
What if you could get organized with healthy meal prep ideas, gain confidence with your cooking ability with someone guiding you through each step of the process?
You'd eat real food, less take out and processed food. You'd feel better about taking care of yourself and your family and you'll gain confidence with your cooking skills.
It's why I created the Cooking Reboot course. I wanted to develop a course that was enjoyable and relatable to the everyday cook. To teach healthy eating and cooking habits that are easy to implement. To give you the confidence and inspiration to prepare simple, tasty meals for your family and friends...and to have some fun in the kitchen!
IS THIS COURSE FOR ME?
This course is for the everyday home cook who wants to build cooking skills, feed their families better, take control of their health and ignite excitement confidence and organization into their daily cooking routine. You've in the right place if you:
- Don't have time to cook, but wish you did.
- Have a desire to cook with more real foods and less processed foods.
- Hate that looming question, what am I going to cook for dinner?
- Are a parent and want to feed your family healthy meals but lack inspiration!
- Are not organized, so don't cook.
- Never meal plan and end up throwing out food you buy.
- Eat way too much take-out because you can't get motivated to cook.
- Are embarrassed to call yourself a home cook but want to make the kitchen a bigger part of your home.
- Are a new cook and could use some guidance in the kitchen!
BY THE END OF YOUR COURSE YOU WILL:
- Gain confidence with your cooking skills.
- Build healthy eating and cooking habits.
- Be organized with meal planning and cook simple tasty meals that your family loves.
- Cook with fresh whole foods and less processed, premade foods.
- Save time and reduce the stress of daily home cooking.
- Save money on your grocery bills and spend less on take-out.
- Feel comfortable inviting friends over to share a meal that you prepare.
- Turn home cooking into a habit.
HOW IT WORKS:
Sign up for the 28 day guided course and the fun begins! It's expected that you complete one session each week. We want you to savour the course and practice cooking in-between sessions. Course details are as follows:
- Commitment: 35 minutes per week plus home cooking in-between sessions
- 4 weekly sessions
- 34 educational & skills-based videos
- Weekly challenges
- Weekly workbooks
- Bi-weekly email support
- Over 25 simple tasty recipes
- Menu plan and shopping list template
- 5 day completed menu plan with recipes and shopping list
- Recipe booklet
- Subscription to the Recipes To The Rescue Newsletter
- 30 day money back guarantee
Cost $79.00 CDN
WHAT THEY ARE SAYING
“I have known Barb for many years. I have always been impressed and inspired by her passion, not only for food but for sharing her knowledge! This latest endeavour is proof of how Barb continues to make healthy eating accessible and delicious."
– Barbara Allan, RD, CDE
author of “The Diabetes Prevention & Management Cookbook”
“Excellent teacher is key to the enjoyment. Barb was excellent, knowledgeable and a good teacher”
"The course was very enjoyable and everything discussed was very relatable. I liked the weekly challenges, they gave me more encouragement"
"Not loud and flashy, but sincere, from the heart and with a very good message of wholeness for us to heed. This teaching tool is a nice contribution to society - you make proud!"
Cooking healthy meals for your family is easy to do if you have a menu plan. But, many parents lack the time, confidence, and motivation to organize their weekly cooking. So, they eat take-out, premade, processed, and packaged foods that are typically full of fat, sugar and salt.
As a parent, menu planning helps in so many ways. It will:
In this course you will create your own menu plan with recipes that your kids love. You'll also learn:
- How to create well balanced meals.
- How to add excitement to daily cooking.
- How to get kids involved in the kitchen.
- Meal prep ideas.
- Basic cooking equipment you need.
- How to make a tomato meat sauce.
- How to make stir-fry rice.
You'll also receive:
- 5 day menu plan template
- 7 day menu plan template
- shopping list template
- 2 Completed 5 day menu plans.
- Recipe booklet with 12 kid-friendly recipes.
- 10 steps on How To Menu Plan handout.
- Suggested pantry list.
- Suggested kitchen equipment list.
- Subscription to the Recipes to the Rescue Newsletter.
- 7 day email menu planning challenge
Cost: $19.99 CDN
Menu planning is a powerful tool
Imagine coming home at the end of a busy work day and knowing what to cook for dinner.
You won't have to stop at the grocery store and walk up and down isles looking for inspiration. It will all have been done ahead of time because you have done a weekly menu plan. How good is that!
It's simple to menu plan if YOU DO IT. Take the free online How To Menu Planning course to get you started.
Barb Kemp is a food educator who facilitates healthy eating and cooking programs and is a self taught home cook who has been motivating and empowering the everyday cook since 1998. Kemp is passionate about food and cooking and believes cooking should be fast, simple, full of flavour and made from fresh whole foods.
Barb took for her first cooking class at age 12 and has been cooking ever since. When she became a new mom, she quickly realized other parents did not share her passion, and lacked food knowledge and confidence in the kitchen. So, she started writing the Recipes To The Rescue Newsletter with simple, tasty recipes, and food and cooking information, to stir some fun into their cooking routines.
Barb decided to switch careers and follow her passion with food and cooking. She took writing, cooking, and nutrition courses - and that was almost 20 years ago! Over the years she has taught many curriculum food and cooking programs: community kitchens (2000-2009), the Canadian Diabetes's Cooking for your Life! (2004-2009), Food Skills for Families (FSF) curriculum and the FSF Train the Trainer program (2008-present). She wrote and facilitated healthy cooking programs for kidney and diabetic patients with Vancouver Coastal Health (2007-2009). She also wrote and contributed to the North Shore Magazine (2005 – 2008), and the Healthy Start Model Menu Recipe Book by M. Broughton, MSc, RD. (2006). In 1997 she started and continues to write the Recipes To The Rescue Newsletter as well as the Recipes to the Rescue Blog (2009-present). In 2016 she launched the on-line course, Cooking Reboot, that promises to turn you from a frustrated, confused, uninspired and/or unskilled cook into a life-long healthy and happy home cook.
Born in Vancouver, B.C. Kemp has a BA from the University of British Columbia and a Business Diploma from the British Columbia Institute of Technology. Kemp is married, has two sons and a lively Vizsla named Lucy.
Recipes To The Rescue has been sending out a free newsletter since 1998 with recipes, food information and musings to stir some fun into your Monday to Friday cooking routine. We also update you on our upcoming programs to rejuvenate the everyday cook's love of food and cooking. Sign up to receive the free Recipes To The Rescue Newsletter and receive a Free Menu Planning Template and Shopping List.
We would love to hear from you.
Recipes to the Rescue